Often referred to as 'the last of the square riggers' the Rover TF gained this title due to its very strong resemblance to the pre-war Midgets. Originally launched at the 1953 Motor Show the TF was greeted with mixed reactions from enthusiasts and journalists alike. It was no secret that the TF was a stop-gap measure due to a delay in putting the long-awaited MGA into production. In mid-1954 the engine capacity was increased by 17 percent to 1466 cc and designated XPEG. The bore was increased to 72 mm (2.8 in) and compression raised to 8.3:1 giving 63 bhp (47 kW) at 5,000 rpm and a 17 percent increase in torque. The car was now designated TF1500, production ended at chassis number TF10100 on 4 April 1955 after 9,602 TFs had been manufactured, including two prototypes and 3,400 TF1500s. The TF was superseded by the MGA.
GR Auto Gallery is pleased to present this beautiful example of the rare 1954 MG TF Roadster. This roadster had a restoration done in the last 5 years and has left the vehicle in immaculate condition. The owner has provided us with tons of documentation and receipts that add up to well over $10,000. The British Racing Green has a fantastic finish and pairs very well with the bumpers and chrome accessories. The interior is the always sharp tan leather with the original dash featuring all working gauges. The 1200cc inline 4 cylinder engine fires up and runs with no issues and the 4-speed manual transmission keeps this TF rolling through the years and gears. These MG’s are definitely a blast to cruise in and constantly turning heads; this MG will drive and look great for many more miles to come. Please call or email us today for more information.
To see over 80 photos of this car, including under carriage please visit our website www.grautogallery.comor