Harley-Davidson launched the Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO) program in 1999, responding to riders' demands for exclusive factory-customs. The CVO program fulfills and inspires motorcycle customizers’ dreams, building low-volume models gleaming with abundant chrome.
Each CVO model features unique paint schemes and accessories--limited production means supply is far short of demand. These bikes feature accessories that can't be purchased anywhere else. The special paint schemes are unavailable for existing motorcycles, and a repaint requires proof of being an original CVO bike.
In 2001, the CVO program expanded with another assembly line at the Vehicle Operations facility in York, Pennsylvania. That year featured the FXDWG2 Switchblade, with a Scarlet Red paint scheme and 23k-gold-leaf flames, the bike we have for sale here at Art & Speed.
The 2001 Harley Davidson CVO Switchblade is based on the Dyna Wide Glide and is powered by a Twin Cam 88 motor. The slammed front and rear suspensions lower the bike for a road-hugging look and feel. A full length full tank console (designed by Willie G. Davidson) and the silver-faced speedometer, along with the LightningStar Wheels, slash-cut exhaust and billet-style turn signals add to the drama of this visually impressive motorcycle.
The FXDWG2 features more than $8,000 in Genuine Harley-Davidson custom parts and accessories. Its sleek custom paint finish is done in a Scarlet Red and is accented with streaming flames of gold leaf on the fuel tank, fenders and headlight fairing. The powder-coated frame, chin fairing, battery box, coil cover and electrical enclosure are all color-matched for added visual intensity.
Harley Davidson limited the production of the CVO FXDWG2 to 1,465 units, making them rare and hard to find, especially in such great condition. Call Art & Speed at (901) 850-0507 to become one of the very few luckiest riders to own such an exclusive motorcycle.
* 1450cc (88ci) Silver & Chrome Twin Cam
* Two Chain-Driven, Two-Lobe Cams
* 45 degree V-twin Configuration
* Transmission Casing Attached Directly to Engine
* Dual Coil, Separate Spark Plug Ignition
* Five Speed Transmission
* Chrome Billet Shift Linkage
* H-D Factory Security System
* Lowered Suspension, Front and Rear
* Chrome Front Fork Assembly
* Rear Shocks with Chrome Caps
* Chrome Lightning Star Wheels: 16" Rear, 21" Front
* Teardrop Floating Brake Rotors, Front and Rear
* Silver Brake Calipers
* Chrome Brake and Clutch Levers
* Coated, Braided Stainless Steel Clutch, Idle and Throttle Control Cables
* Coated Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Front and Rear
* Polished Stainless Steel Rear Brake Rod
* Color Matched, Powdered Coat Frame
* Color Matched Chin Spoiler, Battery Box, and Coil Cover
* Chrome Swing Arm
* Chrome Upper and Lower Belt Guards
* LightningStar Rear Belt Sprocket
* Chrome Oil Filter Mount and Chrome Dipstick
* Chrome Voltage Regulator
* Chrome Switch Housings
* Scarlet Red Paint Scheme and 23k Gold Leaf Flames
* Ostrich Hide Tan Leather Seat and Matching Sissy Bar Pad
* Chrome Fuel Tank Console with Silver Speedometer Gauge Face
* Air Cleaner, Timer and Derby Covers with "Harley Davidson" Red Lettering
* Chrome Handlebar
* Billet Style Wide Band Handgrips
* Foot Pegs
* Chrome Passenger Foot Peg Support
* Chrome Billet Brake Pedal Pad and Shifter Peg
* Chrome Front Axle Nut Cover Kit
* Rear Axle Tensioner Chrome Covers