Unbelievable time capsule. This 65,000 mile car is the straightest, most rust free, original car you may ever see.
After 40 years of collecting cars, this may be the best original car I have seen.
This car has always been in the south and in a garage and driven by someone who loved it. I am unable to find any rust.
This car does not even have a parking lot ding. The stainless is perfect.
- Factory air with factory green glass.
- Power steering
- Tires with 95% tread.
- Seat cloth inserts are torn at the drivers position and faded as
well. However, the vinyl is soft and about perfect so you could
have new cloth inserts sewn in with no problems.
- Headliner and padded visors are perfect.
- This car even has the rare factory rocker moldings
- The grill and headlight rings and bumpers are incredibly nice
with no dents
- The padded dash has some cracks
- The 51 year old aluminum washboards behind the back wheels
- The door panels are very nice too
- The carpet has worn spots underneath the front floor mats,
otherwise this original carpet is in remarkable condition and
looks really good everywhere else.
New Brakes and exhaust system week of November 21, 2012.
When you look around the front and rear wheel openings it is amazing how they look. No rust flakes or even gravel chips in the original paint.
About 30 something years ago, for some reason, the roof, the tops of the quarter panels between the tail fin chrome and the trunk edge and the top of the passenger side doors were re painted. Some of that paint flaked off exposing the original paint underneath. (see last 2 photos)
There is no flaking now and the remaining paint is secure. The rest of the paint on the car is original, somewhat thin and dull in areas but very presentable.
The car drives nicely, runs smoothly and has good brakes The engine cranks right up, is strong and quiet with no smoking. The transmission shifts smoothly.
email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org.